You have no items in your shopping cart.
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Owners of Underyourskin Records Just Emma, land on Klassified with their ‘Baltic Sea EP’, featuring vocals from Zazou and remixes from Canson, Monolink and Luca Bacchetti. Together the duo has released on labels such as Katermukke, Hanse Hertz, and Connaisseur Recordings.
The EP dropped on June 7th and is available to buy HERE.
1. Hi Just Emma, thanks for taking the time to talk to us. How are you guys today?
Thanks a lot for having us, we are doing very well.
2. Can you tell us about your musical influences growing up and how they have inspired your music today?
We went through a lot of genres from psychedelic to punk, funky house, dark techno, broken beats, deep house and soul. Saskia also grew up with classical and jazzy roots as a piano player and was also listening to indie and hiphop until we both took the first steps in electronic music.
“Since our first date we fell in love and were playing a lot of music during our dates.”
3. How did you both meet and how did this develop into Just Emma?
Since our first date we fell in love and were playing a lot of music during our dates. In that time we realized that we have the same passion and taste for music and art which showed the inner connection we have.
4. How does working as a duo compare to your previous solo projects?
We didn’t had any solo projects before, we always played in bands.
“When creative minds come together magic will happen.”
5. You’re ‘Baltic Sea EP’ drops on Klassified on June 7th. Can you talk us through your Baltic Sea record. What inspired it and how do you and Zazou work together?
When creative minds come together magic will happen. Jaschar arrived in our studio in Berlin with the recording of the vocals and that beautiful lyric of the Baltic Sea, where we all grew up by the way, and in this moment it was totally clear that we had to collab.
6. There are also some fantastic remixes on the EP from the likes of Canson, Monolink and Luca Bacchetti. How did these come about?
Monolink and Canson are friends of ours and Luca was suggested by the label and we couldn’t ask for more. All of them are amazing producers and delivered stunning remixes.
“Our idea is that if we get goosebumps because it’s touched our soul then we will release it.”
7. Your imprint Underyourskin Records was founded in 2011 and has gone on to release some great records. What’s been a stand out moment in the label’s history?
Thanks a lot. It’s always hard to say which one we love the most, we are connected with each release in a different way. Our idea is that if we get goosebumps because it’s touched our soul then we will release it. But there are releases like the album of Satori, O/Ys and Detmolts EPs and a couple of remixes which really describe our definition of electronic music and music without borders from the bottom of our hearts. It is also an enveloping process to find out more about ourself in the releases and a way to define our taste so that we can say: “Thats’s us or that’s underyourskin”. Now all releases are the essence of experience and passion.
8. We’ve noticed you’ve been playing live a lot recently. What can people expect from your live sets?
We went into our ‘cave’ which is our studio and locked ourselves away for half a year in order to experiment with different instruments, which allowed us to jam more on stage and create sounds on the fly, all the while combining all the influences we have had over the years.
“Right now we are focusing on our live sets to create something very special and unique.”
9. What are Just Emma’s and Underyourskin Record’s future plans?
Right now we are focusing on our live sets to create something very special and unique. Also, we are launching a booking agency. On Underyourskin records we are looking forward to upcoming releases of fresh and talented young artists like Monkeyman, Paul Traeumer, Kunterweiß, Harmonie, Nährwerk and Mente Orgánica.
Follow Just Emma’s Socials
Facebook / SoundCloud / RA