You have no items in your shopping cart.
Episode 126 of our Fresh Faces series comes to us from Saraga.
1. Hi Saraga, great to have you with us! An exciting time for you with your Crosstown Rebels debut set to drop on December 10th, the ‘Love And Happiness’ EP, congrats on this! What can you tell us about the EP?
Hello guys, thanks for having me. Each track on this Ep was made from a different time in my life. ‘Love and happiness’ I created almost 3 years ago. I wanted to take an old-school song and put it into a special groove with warm sounds, and Al green was the best option for that. I made ‘Mantra’ with the purpose of creating a trippy track for the desert of Burning Man. ‘Mujer’ I created when I was in Tulum last year, an energetic groove with a Spanish vocal. And ‘All day every day’ is a gritty bassline merged with echoing vocal tones. It’s one of those tracks that you pick when you want to start the party.
2. How did the EP find its home on Crosstown Rebels and what’s it mean to see your work on the label?
As a Dj for the last 15 years, I’ve followed this label for a long time and decided to send Damian Lazarus my music, he liked them and tested them Immediately in the club and decided to release them. I’m happy to share this Ep with Crosstown Rebels, I think it’s one of the biggest and most stable labels in the last 15 years.
3. Thanks for putting together a wicked mix for us! Can you give us a summary of what to expect from the mix?
I put together some old house music that I love along with some new stuff + a few of my own tracks as well. Expect a happy, groovy vibe!
4. What’s your favourite track in the mix?
Kevin yost – it’s getting bigger
5. What’s the perfect setting to listen to the mix?
Sunny day outside & in the car. It will bring a good vibe.
6. Can you give us a quick summary of artists / genres that have influenced you most in your life?
House music and minimal influenced me the most. There are many artists that influenced me over the years of course but If I need to choose it will be: Moodymann, Johnny D, Ricardo villalobos and Luciano
7. Is there anything else lined up from yourself that you’d like to share with us?
I’m working on many things at the moment, a new label that I’m gonna open. A lot of new music coming out soon and collaborations with a few interesting names. So there is a lot to wait for in 2022.
Turn it up & enjoy!